Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MARRIAGE PLANNER


Once I read a twit from a famous radio broadcaster, "I think somebody has to restructure women's mind. They have always wanted a dream wedding. When they should be wanting a dream marriage :)"

Last October maybe was a lucky or good month. A lots of weddings and births. Counted almost every week, I was attending the wedding.

There was a funny story from one of them is my next cubical friend. The last 8 months of her life is busy with her wedding preparation activity. The thing that's bothering me, that she couldn't answer my question about her life after the 'I do' Day.

People are plan for their perfect wedding, do they planning their marriage life?

Where is they going to live after? How long they should pay the credit from the wedding dash? How long they should save to buy a house? Should they live with the in law? When is the perfect time to have children? How much the husband money? Should the wife quit the job? Can the husband afford the family life? What should the new wife do in early marriage? bla bla bla other thing...

The 'I do' Day isn't the peak event of people life. as I say the day after.... except after your wedding is an armageddon. that's too bad.

The stigma of women thinking of perfect wedding, much and less affect the men is worrying about it.

Hear a desperate sharing from friend's friend of mine, about his worry of his girlfriend "We should get married" ultimatum. It's one the example. The man is worry because "I'm not stable yet", " I'm not afford yet for the wedding party", " I don't want to wedd with our parent's money" and else...

Beside the mentally 'I'm not ready for this step', there are culture sight about the worries
1. Singles in Indonesia mostly live with the parents
2. Recently the bride and groom to be are amateur jobber with less or approximately 60.000K/year.
3. The fact, most of Indonesian wedding is paid by parents.
4. Indonesian family is big. It means when you wedding, hell's come invites. Plus if you are businessmen or family does, wedding means promotion or gathering.
5. People here gives money rather than gift. Believe that it's more worth than gifts has change the function of wedding to commercial.
6. The prestige is high, the large wedding u got, the high appreciate you got. but trust me it's forgotten. People don't remember the wedding but them.

So I wonder myself why should people spend almost trillion for one day party with most of them don't known personally in their special day, that have been prepared stressly almost year?

And I don't surprise day by day the number of divorce is high-ing. People plan their wedding not their marriage life.

(This is too precious to trash, I moved it from my old blog)
Today monologue from Ms. Deejay

No comments:

Post a Comment